Belt Inspector – Manufacturing
Under the general supervision of the QA manager, the belt inspector/slitter operator is in charge of and responsible for the operation of the of the belt slitters and auxiliary equipment. The operator is also responsible for the quality of the product they are processing. Job Responsibilities include:
- Gets materials, loads onto slitter, inspects and cleans material. Brings the supervisor’s attention to any defects or abnormalities. Unloads and sets up again
- Checks slitter schedule for slitting instructions. Cuts shell. Changes and sets knives to specified cuts. Slits belts, unloads, wraps, weights, tests and transports to shipping department or stock area.
- Cut and label samples for laboratory and quality control
- May also separate, classify, weigh waste materials, drop offs, etc. Will do belt recuts as instructed.
- Cleans belts with heptane, toluol, etc. as needed.
- Prepares belts for shipping
- Complete required forms and record information on the route or spec sheets in the time required
- Ensure that quality standards are being met and that product being produced will meet those standards
- Follow plant/departmental housekeeping procedures including keeping your equipment and area clean and maintained properly.
- Comply with all safety procedures and attend all scheduled safety training
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Read, understand and write English proficiently
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Read snap gauge and feeler gauge
- Read stop watch, temperature gauges, etc.
- Ability to read a tape measure in fractions of inches
- High school diploma or equivalency diploma required
- Technical or trade courses preferred